Current Affairs for UPSC
November current affairs is here. Read and download the Part-1 Current Affairs of November 2017 from Makimus Designs Now!
Previously Uploaded Weekly Complete Current Affairs 2017 Free Download
- Current Affairs 2017 July Part-1 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 July Part-2 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 July Part-3 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 July Part-4 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 July Part-5 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 August Part-1 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 August Part-2 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 August Part-3 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 August Part-4 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 September Part-1 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 September Part-2 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 September Part-3 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 September Part-4 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 October Part-1 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 October Part-2 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 October Part-3 and 4 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 October Part-5 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 November Part-1 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
- Current Affairs 2017 November Part-2 PDF Free Download Here - Download Free PDF
Disclaimer Note: Already made disclaimers in earlier versions. Now if you want to read the disclaimer go to the previous current affairs posts. To remind you, this current affairs is prepared keeping in mind the UPSC Civil Services Examination. For state PSCs supplementing yourself with a good General Knowledge book is necessary and is recommended for UPSC Exam. We suggest Lucent GK book (we are not a sponsor of the Publication, we recommend you books on their quality and usefulness in relevance to the UPSC Civil Services Exam).
Weekly Makimus.com Vocab: Do you know the meaning of schadenfreude (a German word used in English language) ?
Pronunciation : sha-dun-froi-da (the 'd' in 'dun' is as the 'd' used in 'Dena Bank', while the 'd' in 'da' is as used in 'day')
Meaning: feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing the troubles of other people.
Usage (often with a capitalised 'S') : The righteous anger of the parents of the victim has become a Schadenfreude and worse for a whole mass of citizenry.
Quick GK : Which Bank is the Central Bank of India?
Answer: Reserve Bank of India is the central bank of the country. Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 under Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 with authorised capital of rupees 5 crore. Reserve Bank of India was nationalized on January 1, 1949. The general Administration and direction of RBI is managed by a central board of directors consisting of 20 members which includes 1 Governor and 4 Deputy Governors. The head office of The Reserve Bank of India is in Mumbai. Functions of Reserve Bank of India: issues of notes, bankers to the government, banker's bank, controller of credit, custodian of foreign reserves, other functions include function of clearing house arranging credit for agriculture, collecting and publishing the economic data, buying and selling of government securities and Trade bills etc.
Current Affairs India 2017 November Part- 1
- What is Craniopagus Surgery?
Craniopagus twins are conjoined twins that are fused at the cranium (one of the two parts of human skull, the other being mandible). Conjoined twins are genetically identical and always share the same sex. The thorax and abdomen are separate and each twin has its own umbilicus and umbilical cord.
Recently, first ever successful Indian craniopagus surgery for separating two twins was conducted by the doctors of AIIMS. Twins named Kalia and Jagga were successfully separated.
- Indian Emerald Dragonfly
Recently, species of dragonfly by the name of Indian Emerald Dragonfly was in news as it reappeared after 83 years in the Periyar Tiger Reserve. The reappearance makes a powerful statement on the good health of forest streams, insect's core habitat. Dragonflies belong to the biological order of odonata.
There are a total of 50 tiger reserves in India. The Tiger reserves are governed by Project Tiger which is administrated by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA). Almost 70% of the world tiger population live in India. As per the recent data (of 2016), the tiger population in India is on rise.
Project Tiger: Project Tiger is a tiger conservation programme launched in 1973 by the Government of India during Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's tenure. The project aims at ensuring a viable population of Bengal tigers in their natural habitats and also to protect them from extinction, and preserving areas of biological importance as a natural heritage forever represented as close as possible the diversity of ecosystems across the tiger's distribution in the country. The Funds and commitment were mastered to support the intensive program of habitat protection and rehabilitation under the project. The government has set up a Tiger Protection Force to combat poachers and funded relocation of villagers to minimize human-tiger conflicts.
What is LEI?
LEI is a 20-digit unique code to identify parties to financial transactions worldwide. Recently, RBI made it mandatory for all the Indian corporate borrowers having exposure of Rs. 5 crore and above to get LEI.
- What is Global Gender Gap Index?
Global Gender Gap Index is an Index prepared byWorld Economic Forum since 2006. In the recent Index India was rated 108 from the last year rating of 87. Iceland topped the ratings.
- What is Global Gender Gap Index?
Organized by Ministry of Food Processing Industries under leadership of Union Minister Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal, World Food India aims to transform Food Economy and realize the vision of doubling of farmers’ income by establishing India as a preferred investment destination and sourcing hub for the global food processing industry. This is the first time that India is hosting such an event for the Food processing sector. World Food India platform will strengthen India’s position as a Global Food Factory and is a positive step towards making the Country Food Secure.
Germany, Japan and Denmark are Partner Countries to World Food India. Italy & Netherlands are the Focus Countries.
Portal “Nivesh Bandhu” was also launched to assist investors to make informed investment decisions.
- What is OHEPEE?
“Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence & Equity (OHEPEE) Project” is a project with the objective to improve the quality of 'students’ equitable access to selected institutions and enhance governance of the higher education system in Odisha with the ending date of the project being November 2022.
Project Component : Result Areas are (I) Improved quality of and students’ equitable access to selected institutions of higher education : Institutional Development Plan (IDP) Grants (performance –based Financing (II) Enhanced governance of the higher education system: (i)Improvement of governance in colleges (ii)Improvement of financial and procurement management and accounting in all government and government-aided colleges.
Recently, The Union Government has inked US$ 119 million Financing Agreement with World Bank for IBRD loan for the OHEPEE Project.
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) is an international financial institution that offers loans to middle-income developing countries. The IBRD is the first of five member institutions that compose the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States.
- What are the new commodities to have received GI tag?
Banaganapalle mangoes (Andhra Pradesh), Tulaipanji rice (West Bengal), Pochampally Ikat (Telangana), Gobindobhog rice (West Bengal), Durgi stone carvings and Etikoppaka toys (Andhra Pradesh) and Chakshesang shawl (Nagaland) are the latest commodities to have recieved Geographical Indication tag in 2017.
Geographical Indication: A geographical indication (GI) is a name or sign used on certain products which corresponds to a specific geographical location or origin (e.g. a town, region, or country). India, as a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), enacted the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 has come into force with effect from 15 September 2003. GIs have been defined under Article 22(1) of the WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights(TRIPS) Agreement as: "Indications which identify a good as originating in the territory of a member, or a region or a locality in that territory, where a given quality, reputation or characteristic of the good is essentially attributable to its geographic origin."
The GI tag ensures that none other than those registered as authorised users (or at least those residing inside the geographic territory) are allowed to use the popular product name. Darjeeling tea became the first GI tagged product in India, in 2004-05, since then by May 2017, 295 had been added to the list.
Current Affairs India 2017 November Part- 1 - Do you know?
- Sugarcane from ethanol is used for blending in Petrol.
- Muga fiber from Assam is also called Golden Fiber.
- India is the number one country in Poultry production. The increase in egg production is known as the silver revolution in the area of animal husbandry.
- Bolshevik Revolution completed its 100 years in 2017. The Russian Revolution was a pair of revolutions in Russia in 1917 which dismantled the Tsarist autocracy and led to the rise of the Soviet Union. The Russian Empire collapsed with the abdication of Emperor Nicholas II and the old regime was replaced by a provisional government during the first revolution of February 1917 (March in the Gregorian calendar; the older Julian calendar was in use in Russia at the time). Alongside it arose grassroots community assemblies (called 'soviets') which contended for authority. In the second revolution that October, the Provisional Government was toppled and all power was given to the soviets.
- The massive renovation and restoration effort at the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation. The temple, considered the foremost of the 108 divyadesams, is situated on an islet between the Cauvery and the Coleroon rivers. It has seven prakaras and 21 towers, including the majestic 236-feet-high rajagopuram.
Current Affairs 2017 November Part-1 - Map of the Week
Saudi Arabia (recently in news because of series of arrest of 20 Princes in charge of corruption)
Saudi Arabia is a desert country encompassing most of the Arabian Peninsula, with Red Sea and Persian (Arabian) Gulf coastlines. Known as the birthplace of Islam, it’s home to the religion’s 2 most sacred mosques: Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, destination of the annual Hajj pilgrimage, and Medina’s Masjid an-Nabawi, burial site of the prophet Muhammad. Riyadh, the capital, is a skyscraper-filled metropolis. Red sea lies to the west and Persian Gulf lies to the East.
Countries with international borders to Saudi Arabia are Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE, and Yemen.
Download the PDF Version | Here |
Please share a word or two about Makimus.com with your friends and family.
Do not miss our Sports news tomorrow!
Also as thanksgiving shop exclusive designer products from Makimus.com. Wallpapers, Writing pads, Laptop Skins, Notebooks, Notepads, Canvas Paintings, Posters and more to come.
Till next time we meet, keep having fun!